Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ranch Thatchmo: One Year Old and Dying

















Thatcher Keats started Rancho Thatchmo a year ago, published a photograph everyday, and has closed shop. The experiment is over, but it certainly was addictive...I tuned in every day.

Who is TK? Looks like he is a Dad and it looks like he savors his role in life. He claims to live in NYC, but all his images depict a childhood on permanent vacation: tall grasses and wild weeds to run thru, natural pools to swim in, oceans to get absorbed in and everything looks like it is illustrating a mythological childhood...the one that exists only in fables.
m
I don't know TK, we've corresponded cryptically, but I always imagined he had some missing years...the big chunks of time that allowed him to learn the secrets.
m
Here are some favorites from the first and last year of the Rancho. Enjoy:




all photographs by Thatcher Keats

2 comments:

Dave said...

Now that Rancho is done you can spend your time reading my blog. Be sure to give me some plugs throughout the year. I only have eight regular readers.

Seriously, thanks for the link. I come here for more than just your great photos.

Anonymous said...

what a sensitive blog - you are right about him - and his photographs are amazing, aren't they. i am sure he's replenishing his well, as they say.