Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Hometown Part 3


Jumping Jacks, Scotia N.Y. circa 1991

I found these prints while digging thru stuff for the lecture last week. I always knew that Schenectady, N.Y. was a great place to photograph. I remember watching the Peter Bogdanovich film The Last Picture Show when I was in high school with all the great b&w cinematography and telling my parents " that movie looks like here...now". I think they just laughed.


Shoporama, Rotterdam N.Y. circa 1991



My Grandmother's House, Mt. Pleasant, N.Y. circa 1991

2 comments:

Jef Lansing said...

Check the Schenectady gallery here: http://www.jefflansing.com/.

Photos from the 70's.

Timothy Archibald said...

Jeff- Your photographs are absolutely wonderfull. If I had any money I would buy the entire series. Really wonderfull work.
Can you drop me a line? It might be interesting to do a q and a about that project if you are still into it.
Thanks for reaching out.
TA