Monday, March 22, 2010

The Newley Weds



I had such a great time with Jaime Case Ford and Chris Hodges Ford a few months back but somehow forgot to write about it. Nice micro shout out in PDN Online this week reminded me to blog something up. Let's see...a cute couple gets a car from Ford for a cross country road trip, changes their name to Ford, um....there's gotta be a screen play in the works. Good people, great to photograph, we started at sunrise and it was a wrap by 11:00.

The shot needed to deal with the "newley wed" aspect of this couple....the optimism that may go with that, as well as the more complex emotions as well. I wanted something that looked more...um...reluctant or something. Something that acknowledged the mixed emotions that can come into play. Did this image do that? I dunno...but I was trying. Jaime and Chris were totally into examining the realities of marriage...not just the fantasy, and I couldn't ask for better actors. Read about the journey on their Wedding Road Trip blog HERE.

No comments: