Friday, April 23, 2010

I Forgot How Much I Loved Les Krims



Big auction of books and work by Les Krims at Photo Eye in Santa Fe this week . Looking thru the work reminded me of just how utterly original and inspiring his work has been to me: seeing one of his shots always gave me license to feel like I could just do anything in a photograph.

Hearing the Philip-Lorca diCorcia lecture he touched on the idea of setting up photographs...how radical and unconventional it had been in the past, and now was totally the norm. Arthur Tress and Krim's work came immediately to mind. Here are some images to remind ya. Theatricality can sometimes just be so simple and still really move you.

See the Les Krims books for auction at Photo Eye HERE, HERE, and HERE.





all photographs copyright Les Krims

No comments: